Homeowners, property owners, and business owners in Lorain have a lawful duty to provide safe environments for individuals inhabiting or visiting their premises. If you are injured due to the negligence of a property owner to provide you a safe environment, you may be able to bring forth a claim for various damages incurred due to your injuries. Ohio law requires homeowners, landowners, and business owners to maintain their property in a way that does not inflict injury to those who visit their property. If you are hurt on their premises, you may have the right to make a claim.
Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip and fall accidents are covered by an area of law called liability. Usually, a “slip and fall” refers to any injuries or accidents that occur because of the negligence of property owners. This means that the “slip and fall” occurs because the property owner has failed to maintain their property in a way that keeps it safe for visitors.
Slip and fall accidents can occur as a result of any of the following:
- Failure to properly remove snow from sidewalks, walkways, and parking areas
- Liquid substances left on a floor or surface that make the surface slippery and dangerous
- Slick floor surfaces
- Walkways that are too steep
- Stairs that are not in accordance with city code
- Carpets and rugs that are not properly secured
- Sidewalks, walkways, and parking areas that have potholes
- Carpets and rugs that have holes, snags, or other damages
- Lawns or grassy areas that have significant holes or other forms of unsafe terrain
- Any other form of unsafe conditions that may cause an individual to slip, fall, or trip—resulting in an injury
How a Lorain Slip and Fall Accident Attorney Can Help
When an attorney pursues resolution to your slip and fall accident claim, he or she can make sure to address all important and relevant facets of the case that should be taken into consideration. These include the following:
- Lost wages due to time spent unable to work
- The injuries themselves
- Medical bills incurred as a result of the injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Either short-term or permanent loss of quality of life as a result of the injuries
In the event of a slip and fall accident, be sure to reach out to Ohio Accident Attorneys. We have the legal resources to get you in contact with a Lorain slip and fall accident attorney who can help you seek maximum compensation for your losses. Call us today for a free case evaluation.